So why should a small business either develop or strengthen its presence online?
As we’ve seen, the world of technology, digital marketing, and social media has a significant impact on how we behave socially, act as consumers, and how we do business. While E-Fire is a Digital Marketing Agency passionate about all things digital we encourage our clients not to blindside their vision and miss out on any traditional media that currently works. Instead, we specialize in developing a blended strategy of traditional and digital marketing that can lead to optimum returns for your business.
Here is how we see the 10 benefits of Digital Marketing v. Traditional marketing:
1. Cheaper: This is the most resonating factor, especially when working with a limited budget. Your business can develop its online marketing strategy for very little and can potentially replace costly advertising channels such as television, newspaper, yellow pages, and radio.
2. Real time results: You don’t have to wait weeks for a boost to your business. You can see the numbers of visitors to your site and its increase, peak times, and conversion rates during or immediately after a campaign is complete.
3. Level playing field: Any business can compete with any competitor regardless of size with a SOLID digital marketing strategy. Traditionally a smaller retailer would struggle to match the finesse of its larger competitors in traditional media. Online, a crisp well thought out website with a smooth customer journey and fantastic service is king – not size.
4. Simple to measure: Unlike traditional methods you can see in real time what aspects of your digital marketing strategy are working, allowing you to adapt and react very quickly to improve results. With the wide range of reporting tools E-Fire use we are able to provide thorough Google, Email Marketing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIN etc. analytics.
5. Far greater exposure: Your business can be seen anywhere in the world from one marketing campaign, the cost to do this using traditional methods would be astonishing. Plus, once you have optimized your keyword search content (Search Engine Optimization) you will see a long-term return on your investment.
6. Refinement of your strategy: Basically, anything that we capture in your customer journey can be reported on and honed for greater success. This then enables you to refine your strategy at any point in time and see improvements or opportunities for further refinement instantaneously.
7. Brand Development: A well maintained website with quality content targeting the needs and adding value to your target audience can provide significant value and lead generation opportunities. The same can be said with utilizing social media channels and email marketing.
8. Customer Service and Damage Control: Tend to the needs of your customers immediately. That person searching around for pricing info on products, someone wanting more information on your brochure, or even access to a recent catalogue, can come to you for immediate assistance. Ensuring you don’t lose another lead to your more dynamic competitor. Engaging with customers in real time is paramount to a solid digital marketing strategy, and can allow you to monitor, react, and solve negative press or feedback that might be floating around the internet.
9. Greater Engagement: With digital marketing you can encourage your prospects, clients, and followers to take action, visit your website, read about your products and services, rate them, buy them, and provide feedback which is visible to your market. It doesn’t take long for good publicity to enhance the prospects of your business.
10. Viral and not intrusive: How often do your sales flyers get passed around instantly by your customers and prospects? Online, using social media share buttons on your website, email, and social channels enables your message to be shared instantly, just look at how effective it is for sharing breaking news! If you consider that the average Facebook user has 190 friends of which an average of 12% see their liked posts – your one message has actually been seen by 15 new prospects, now imagine a number of them also like and share your message and their friends do the same? The results are enormous. Also, online people have the choice to opt in or out of communications so you don’t intrude on their space as much as cold calls or mailshots.
These are just some of the few pros we have seen from our clients. Feel free to share any you have on how Digital Marketing has helped grow your business and save you MONEY!